Why Physical Therapy?
- Improve and maintain mobility and function
- Improve quality of life
- Decrease pain
- Improve safety and balance
- Improve athletic performance
- Return to work and daily living
- Conservative treatment – avoid opioids and surgery
- Participate in your own recovery
What is pain?
“Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage” – International Association for Study of Pain 1979.
Pain is a subjective experience and it serves as our body’s alarm system, alerting the brain of danger.
Everyone’s pain sensation, intensity, and experience can be different.
Pain can be complex, and it is dependent on several factors:
- Past history and experiences
- Previous injury and illness
- Cognitive and emotional status
- Physical activity level
- Social and environmental factors
- Body structure
“5 Minutes Explain Pain”